Practical tips for uploading photos

We are a marketplace for digital assets, so uploading a photo need a bit more time than posting on instagram! We have to follow all kinds of rules and regulations, but once we get into the routine, things are not that complicated!

1. The first step is to read the terms and conditions of! In short, the convention is this: you receive 70% of your sales. The remaining 30% goes to for transfer fees (not small at all!) And administrative costs.

4 predefined licenses are available! You must select at least one license. I tick them all to give more options to buyers!

You set the price yourself (there is also the option to select one of the default prices), I recommend it to be reasonable, not too low …. not too much! You set the maximum price for the EXTENDED license in the RAW size (even if you do not offer this product for sale), the platform calculates the price for all license / size pairs that you upload / select, applying percentage corrections.

2. If you have decided to try you have to create a seller / contributor account on the platform!

3. Select lots of at least 10 photos to be effective! Uploading a photo takes a maximum of 2-3 minutes if you have the photos ready. The preparation of a photo also involves a short text for its description, on the principle “the photo that does not tell a story …..” It is recommended that the text be bilingual, short and concise: English / Romanian. An example can be found here.

4. After a few hundred experiments I did, I recommend the following:

– Loads a maximum of 2 dimensions: S and L or S and M; Careful! The site does not resize uploaded photos, which is why you need to resize your photos before uploading them to your contributor account; Details about the size of the photos can be found here

– It is more convenient to post in the product description “the photo is available on request in larger format”; you get rid of so many clicks that you have to make if you aspire to upload the photo in more than 2 dimensions;

– Important! You need to upload a photo for the “showcase”. It is about the photo that appears on the site, with the watermark applied automatically. You need to prepare it in a small size, with the following dimensions: large side 900 px, 72ppi

– Details on how I recommend naming uploaded files can be found here! An add-on: for “showcase” files use the term “_SV”

5. When you upload a photo, you have to check some fields, it’s a must! Pay maximum attention! The application will alert you! They help the buyer to reach more easily what he is looking for, as a result we also respect the slogan “our client …..”;

6. Allow yourself at least half an hour to upload the prepared photos! Make sure you have a good internet connection!

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Privacy Settings saved!
Privacy Settings

When you visit any web site, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Control your personal Cookie Services here.

In order to use this website we use the following technically required cookies
  • wordpress_test_cookie
  • wordpress_logged_in_
  • wordpress_sec
  • wordpress_gdpr_allowed_services
  • wordpress_gdpr_cookies_allowed
  • wordpress_gdpr_cookies_declined
  • wordpress_gdpr_first_time
  • wordpress_gdpr_first_time_url
  • edduh_hash
  • IH_JtKqsZpkN
  • edd-currency
  • edd-currency-detected
  • NGVCSHjTinosDwRL
  • FxZOiCpYG
  • UPsVndFSAeou

For perfomance reasons we use Cloudflare as a CDN network. This saves a cookie "__cfduid" to apply security settings on a per-client basis. This cookie is strictly necessary for Cloudflare's security features and cannot be turned off.
  • __cfduid

We are using Stripe payment processor. The cookies set are in order to provide fraud protection.
  • __stripe_sid
  • __stripe_mid
  • m
  • __stripe_
  • _stripeVariation_

Decline all Services
Accept all Services