A short guide for contributors/sellers
Photomuse.net is owned by a start-up based in Romania, Europe. The Platform operates according to the national and European legislation.
In order to sell digital format photos, you have to create a vendor account accessing: https://www.photomuse.net/vendor-register/
You must be at least 18 years old and you have to agree to the terms of service of the platform as well as to sign a photomuse.net contributor contract. The vendor contract. The signed handwritten contract must be scanned and sent to photomuse.net by e-mail. The printed copy bearing the original signature of the contributor to photomuse.net must be sent by post (regular mail) to Photomuse Image SRL at the mailing address indicated here or personally handed to a representative of the company.
We are doing our best to optimize the platform so that it can be easily accessible and allow fast orders to be made. However, you may have to wait a few moments sometimes! Thanks for understanding!
Photomuse.net encourages creativity! You don’t necessarily have to upload a perfect photo according to all the academic rules… It is important that you appreciate your photo to comply with the technical requirements, having an interesting subject, capable to attract a buyer! Before uploading an image, it must comply with the technical and ethical rules of our digital platform.
For each image uploaded for validation, you must fill in some data about it. The data must be real and relate exclusively to the uploaded image. In case of image validation, some of this data will accompany the digital product presentation image. They are also used by the platform’s search and filtering tools and thus play an important role in promoting the digital product.
When you become familiar with the structure of the form and the steps to be taken, preparing and uploading a product does not take more than two or three minutes.
15 Important recommendations/information:
- Prepare and upload at least 5-10 products per session;
- Each DMP product can be put up for sale in a maximum of four sizes: S; M; L; RAW; You are the one who decides the size of the product and it is your task to format the images according to the rules of the platform, available here.
- For each DMP you have to prepare a small promotional format (Large Edge 900px -72ppi) of your image. This format will be uploaded on the platform in step 1, field 3 and it will be visible with the watermark „Photomuse” which will be automatically applied;
- Details of acceptable dimensions corresponding to dimensions S; M; L; RAW are available here.
- We recommend you to prepare for uploading one or two sizes for each product: S and L or M and L etc.; Later, at the request of the buyer you will be able to upload a larger size, if necessary!
- Name files ready for upload using a simple and intuitive rule that allows quick identification: Example: ABC123_ DMP12456_M Where “ABC123” is a sequence/code you choose and use for all products uploaded by you (Store name in your profile).
- “DMP12456” is the original file name or unique code that you want to use to identify each product.
- “M” is a parameter that characterizes the size of the uploaded file; according to the indications available here , it may be “S” ,”M”, “L” or “RAW”.
- Go to your account and select “Add Product”
- You need to follow the 4 steps and fill in the required fields to submit a product for validation. Loading a product prepared as indicated above takes a maximum of two or three minutes. Some fields are optional because they are not relevant to all product categories.
- We recommend that the first field, “Product Name”. to be filled in using the same model used to name the file: ABC123_ DMP12456. This field will also appear on the invoice issued to the buyer!
- The platform allows you to select the language you want to use: English or Romanian. We recommend that, regardless of the selected choice, you enter a short description in English, in field 4 – “Description” (use Google Translate https://translate.google.ro/?hl=ro#view=home&op=translate&sl=ro&tl=en)
- You should also mention in field 4, the final paragraph, if the product is available on request in a different size of those loaded for sale. Recommended text: “Available in a higher size (M), (L) or (RAW/TIFF), on request!”
- Step 2 – fields 8 are mandatory. Here you select the selling price and the license allotted to the product. You can choose a license price from the platform price list or you can propose your own price. You must select at least one of the licenses to put a product up for sale. Details of the license types and how to calculate the price can be found here.
Depending on the price of the previously selected license, the type of license awarded and the size of the product put up for sale, the platform automatically calculates the selling prices of the products that will be put up for sale. The vendor/contributor receives 70% of the sales price displayed after validation while the remaining 30% are the standard commission charged by the platform;
- After selecting the license(s), you can upload products on the platform for validation:
– Use the red button on the right marked “x” to delete versions that do not match the file sizes you plan to upload;
– Check the license types, size, and price displayed for each remaining version! If all is well, upload the previously prepared files by making three “blue” clicks: press the blue rectangular button “UPLOAD”, then the blue text button “Select file” (go to the folder where you prepared the products and select the appropriate file), then press the blue button “Insert file URL” in the bottom right corner
- Follow all the steps, confirm that you have read, understood and agreed to the platform’s general terms of service and the special clauses applicable to contributors/vendors. Submit the product for validation!
- Make sure that you have sent an original copy of the signed contributor contract and you have a receipt from photomuse.net. Only the products of the contributors who have signed and delivered the contract will be validated on the site.
- Check that your photomuse.net profile account data are up-to-date and contain a valid bank account.
Payments for your portfolio sales will be made automatically to your account with the following frequency:
On a monthly basis – for cumulative sales of more than 20 euro: no later than the first 15 working days of the following month;
On a quarterly basis – for cumulative sales between 10-20 euro, during the first 15 working days of the first month of the next quarter;
On a half-year basis – for cumulative sales between 1-10 euro, during the first 15 working days of the first month of the next semester.